Monday, February 9, 2009

Trunk Show Success & My New Best Friend

Our Kiddie Trunk Show was a huge success! It was so much fun to meet up with other local "kiddie" crafters, and meet a lot of local parents who came out for the festivites. Plus the Red Trolley Ice Cream & Coffee Shop where it was held was to die for! Yes, I sampled both coffee (well, tea), their amazingly yummy breakfast granola, and a bowl of ice cream for lunch :)

We were set up in their back room. Here is what my display looked like:
And here is my friend Nicole from marmalade on the right, and my new friend Claudia from Sew You! set up her great capes and aprons on the left.
We had Anya from the Music Train come and set up her stuff and she did two performances during the day. It was so fun to watch the kids play the instruments and sing along! It was so crowded during her morning performance that you could hardly get in the door! Thanks to everyone who came out to support local and support handmade! We all greatly appreciated it!

AND... my big news of the weeek... I GOT A NEW SEWING MACHINE!!! One that will hopefully stand up to the rigors of bib and onesie sewing a few hours a day. She is my new best pal.

Meet Penelope. She is a 1979 Bernina 810. No bells and whistles, but completely easy to use (I learned how in about 10 minutes), oh-so quiet, and built out of sturdy metal to last forever. I am SOO happy!
I also thought I'd show a shot of my updated workspace. I started out at first with one little tiny basket of "scraps". Now I have three huge ones! From left to right are fleece scraps, pattern scraps, and the cutout middle of the bib scraps on the far right. I have a hard time throwing things away, huh? But all the scraps do come in handy for my appliques and I am rifling through them often ;)
Later!
jesi

No comments: