Sunday, September 6, 2009

My first show of the year is this weekend and I'm SO excited! I'll be at the Sunnyside Music Festival in Denver. If you haven't been, it's a really fun, laid back event with great music, yummy food, a kids area and of course lots of fun and unique vendors. It's completely free - come on by, bring a blanket to sit and watch the bands and let the kids play!

This is also my first show since having my daughter Willa almost 3 months ago. Needless to say, it's a good thing she's sleeping a little better so I can get some sewing time in! It's been a bit more tricky to find the time to sew with two little ladies around the house, but we're getting into the swing of things slowly but surely!

First, here is a coupon to use if you do make it to the festival (click on it to enlarge, then print):
To prepare for the show, I finally broke down and bought a canopy tent. It arrived this week and already we LOVE it and I can tell we'll be getting a lot more use out of it than just the craft shows! Right now it's set up in our backyard in preparation for a BBQ tomorrow:
The Colorado sun can get pretty hot, and even though we have a covered back porch we get the afternoon (super hot) sun so I think we'll love having something to put up and get some relief! I got this one from Costco, it's called a Caravan Canopy and I've heard that they are pretty good and comparable to Ez-Up tents... but MUCH cheaper!

I am really excited to get all my stuff set up in here this weekend. I love that I can hang things from the bars inside and it came with sidewalls so it will look very bright and cheerful inside - and like its own little store!

I also had my dear husband build me a few more racks for clothes. These sit right on my tables. I would like to paint them but I'm not going to have time before this weekend. I'm currently thinking of ways I can bribe him to sand, prime and paint them too.

Speaking of my husband, he also helped me out this week by cutting up my fleece into bib-sized pieces for me. It was a HUGE help! Funny, this is only about 1/3 the fleece I have, but it's a start! After this show I'm definitely going to take an evening to cut up ALL my fleece so I can make my process more time-efficient.
And here is a little stack of brand new bibs awaiting their snaps. I am planning on having around 40 bibs and 10 bib and onesie sets, as well as a bunch of onesies and tees for the kids. Someday, I promise, I will actually get out my stash of adult tees and start sewing THOSE up!
I hope to see all my Denver friends at the festival this weekend! Check back soon for a play-by-play of how the show went and pictures of my booth!

No comments: