Thursday, September 18, 2008

Two Little Birdies

My bestest friend Kara is going to have TWO beautiful babies this winter. And this week she found out that she is going to have one boy and one girl. How PERFECT is that? I wanted to make her a cute maternity shirt (those of you with kids know how hard it is to find FUN CUTE not dorky maternity shirts, right?) so here it is: twin birdies. One boy. One girl.

Speaking of which, next time I'm pregnant (don't get any ideas!!) I'm getting this:
This is by a fellow Etsy seller MuthaCrafter. Click here see her shop.

I also made what might be my new favorite bib. You won't find it in my shop because I *gasp* made it for my own kid!! We have a wedding to go to in a few weeks and I wanted to make her a rather elegant but cute bib. I LOVE this floral pattern - there is something so untraditional about the colors that I just adore. And elephants are becoming my new favorite thing to applique.
Even though it's hard to believe, CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!! I picked up a few half yards of some holiday-like fabric and I hope to make up some bibs in the next few weeks. I'm excited to see how they turn out! I'm sure they'll end up on here so stay tuned!

And it's official - I'm taking my bibs to a CRAFT SHOW!! If you're in the Denver area, Hip Violet will be at the Adams County Fairgrounds on October 4 for their Fall Festival Bazaar. I am trying to get my inventory up to 50 (!!) bibs to take with me and hopefully a few onesies and some barrettes. I will probably close my Etsy store down temporarily around that time since I'm taking all of my online inventory with me. I'm really excited about my displays - I have some really fun ideas and I think it's going to look great. Don't worry, this blog should probably be retitled as "Hip Violet Prepares for Their Bazaar Debut" and you're all coming along for the ride!

No comments: